«Purpose > business model > value creation»
On March 9, 2018 the Center for Corporate Reporting (CCR) hosted its sixth Integrated Reporting Roundtable. Meenakshi Raina, AXA Group, and Dr. Juan F. Gonzalez Valero, Syngenta, shared their experience on their company’s communication journey in defining and communicating the company’s purpose, business model and value creation. The workshop fostered a lively debate with practical insights on concepts, challenges, opportunities and timelines (discussions followed the Chatham House Rules). Participating companies came from a variety of sectors such as insurance, industry and consumer goods; company representatives came from sustainability, Investor Relations, Finance, Reporting and Communication.
Key topics discussed:
- It takes two to three years from first steps to an integrated report.
- Constant adaptions and improvements are okay and necessary.
- Visualizations help to understand business models. Two pages should be sufficient.
- Create transparency on where value is created.
- Internal stakeholder management is key for an integrated report.
- Challenge to shift perspective within internal stakeholders from being owner to being contributor.
- EU directive can support process, also in Swiss companies.
Please contact us for more information on our roundtables.